khara-woods-80967-unsplash_edited.jpg

CRAFT & VISUAL ARTS PRODUCTION GRANT

CLOSED

GRANT OVERVIEW

This grant invests in eligible Saskatchewan artists and craftspeople producing craft and visual art with commercial intent.

DEADLINE INFORMATION

Opens May 10, 2021 at 12pm

Deadline: September 15, 2021 at 4pm

If a deadline falls on a statutory holiday or a weekend, applications will be accepted until 4pm the following business day.

CREATIVE SECTOR ELIGIBILITY

This grant invests exclusively in the Fine Craft and Visual Arts sector.

Applicants from other creative sectors seeking production investments should refer to the following grants:

COVID-19 UPDATE

To provide creative entrepreneurs with improved access to this grant while facing financial pressures associated with COVID-19, a restriction that prevented applicants from including both an administration fee and in-house expenses in their project budget has been temporarily removed.

OUR INVESTMENT

Applicants may apply for a maximum of $20,000 or 50% of the total eligible expenses (whichever is the lesser).

YOUR PROJECT

Projects that have secured support from this grant include:​

  • Jewellery collections

  • Lines of pottery or ceramic art

  • Fine art prints

  • Textiles

     

     

OFFICIAL GRANT GUIDELINES


  • All applicants must read the Official Grant Guidelines. The official guidelines supercede all information contained elsewhere on this website, delivered to applicants by Program Officers, or otherwise made publicly available.
  • All applicants must read the General Program Guidelines, which contains important details that apply to all Creative Saskatchewan grants




ASSESSMENT CRITERIA


As explained in the General Program Guidelines your application will be assessed by specific criteria in three categories

  • Relevance
  • Impact
  • Experience & Capacity
Click here for the assessment criteria specific to this grant. You'll be asked these questions as part of the online Grant Management System application process. Listed beside each criteria is the maximum number of points available as each application is scored. Applicants may wish to pay particular attention to criteria with the highest number of points available. Fast Track Applications:

• Eligible applicants able to demonstrate current wholesale or consignment agreements with a minimum of 5 retail outlets and/or galleries will NOT be subject to the jury process, but will be considered to have met criteria, and will be “fast tracked”. (A minimum 4 of the retail outlets and/or galleries must be owned by a third party.)

• Fast tracked applications may be submitted at any time, however, they must meet Creative Saskatchewan’s criteria for this grant, and all production support must be directed toward creating product for the retail outlets or galleries referenced in the supplied agreements. • Fast tracked applications will be funded in the order that they are received and as the availability of funds allows. • Applications that do not qualify for fast tracked approval will be assessed by a juried process against the criteria for relevance, experience and capacity, and impact as defined on the Creative Saskatchewan website (www.creativesask.ca) under the grant program being applied for.




AFTER YOU'RE APPROVED


80% of your grant is paid when the application is approved. The remaining 20% of your grant is paid after the project is complete and your final report has been approved. Don't forget to acknowledge the support you've received from Creative Saskatchewan. This guide includes details on how you can acknowledge us, and how you can use our logo.




OTHER FUNDING RESOURCES


Activities that receive funding from the SK Arts or SaskCulture are not eligible for support through Creative Saskatchewan investment programs. Complete list of other funders sorted by creative sector




APPLICATION PROCESSING TIME


Applicants can expect to receive results within 10 weeks from deadline date.
Results will be delivered via e-mail, and will be available in GMS.
Fast track applicants can expect to receive results within 8 weeks from submission date.
Results will be delivered via e-mail, and will be available in GMS.





what's new

Changes and updates for 2021.

We're always consulting with creative industry stakeholders to ensure this grant remains effective. Find out what's been changed most recently.

grant in action

Real-life recipient success stories.

The Craft & Visual Arts Production Grant helps artisans cover a variety of material and labour costs. Meet one of our grant recipients.

recipients

Every grant recipient. Every project.

Here's a list of everyone who has recently received this grant, what their project was, and how much they successfully applied for.

suggestions

Go ahead. Tell us what you think.

If you've got some advice about how this grant could be improved, we're looking forward to hearing from you.