Yorkton Film Festival Travel Bursary
APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED.
Attend the Yorkton Film Festival with a Creative Saskatchewan Travel Bursary funded though the Rogers Digital Development Fund.
North America’s longest running film festival is happening May 24-27, 2018 and Creative Saskatchewan, with the support of the Rogers Digital Development Fund, is offering a bursary to Saskatchewan filmmakers to help with the cost of registration, travel and accommodations.
Applications will be accepted until 4pm, Thursday May 17, 2018. Eligible applications will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted.
Please note: You must be a Saskatchewan resident over 19 years of age to apply.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Check out the Yorkton Film Festival schedule of panels, screenings and events and decide what you would like to attend.
2. Submit a bursary application before the deadline of 4pm Thursday May 17, 2018.
3. Creative Saskatchewan will get back to you within 2 business days to let you know if you have been approved. If you have, you will be issued a Letter of Agreement.
4. You’ll then have 24 hours to:
Register to attend the Yorkton Film Festival
Make hotel reservations
Sign and return the agreement to Creative Saskatchewan along with proof of festival registration and hotel booking
5. At the Yorkton Film Festival you will be given your bursary cheque.
6. After the festival, Creative Saskatchewan will send you a questionnaire about your experience, which will be mandatory for you to complete.
WHAT IT COVERS
Festival Registration for Friday May 25 ($175.00 until May 9, $195.00 after May 10)
Festival Registration for Saturday May 26 ($175.00 until May 9, $195.00 after May 10)
Mileage (at a rate of .4483 cents per kilometer if driving your own vehicle)
Hotel Accommodations (for the nights attending the festival)
Here’s what you need in order to apply:
Your CV or Corporate Profile
List of your current productions. For each production, include the title, length release year and type of production such as student film, short film, documentary, music video, or web series
A description of what you hope to learn about the digital media market place from attending the Yorkton Film Festival
List the panels or panelists that are of specific interest to you which potentially will help your career in the digital market place
Contact Tobi Lampard at 306-798-2002 or email@example.com